WASHINGTON, D.C. — North Korea on Thursday threatened the United States with “unexpected gift packages” in the wake of it’s latest successful test missile launch.
Rodong Sinmun, the rogue nation’s official propaganda newspaper, issued the threat in a column titled “Heed the Warning of Juche Korea” in which the North Korean government criticized the Trump administration and warned that the U.S. is “on the knife’s edge of life and death” and urged President Trump to “wave a white flag” amid ongoing tensions with Pyongyang.
“Every minute and every second, the new reality that U.S. mainland is on the knife’s edge of life and death is forcing U.S. administration to wave a white flag and fundamentally change her North Korea policy,” the warning stated. “It is not the denuclearization of N. Korea, but the security of U.S. mainland which should be the top priority of Trump administration,” the piece added.
If Trump refuses to comply, the paper warned, “gift package” would be heading its way to “American bastards.”
“If U.S. still refuses to accept such a realistic demand and doggedly pursue hostile policy against North Korea in order to save face, she will receive unexpected ‘gift packages’ which we will continue to send,” the paper threatened.
Kim Jung-Un’s latest threat comes as U.S. Pacific Air Forces commander Gen. Terrence J. O’Shaughnessy said the U.S. and its allies are prepared to use “rapid, lethal and overwhelming force,” in order to stop the communist regime.
“North Korea remains the most urgent threat to regional stability,” O’Shaughnessy said during a press briefing on Jung-Un’s latest missile tests.
U.S. passport holders will not be able to travel to North Korea beginning September 1, according to a statement issued by the U.S. State Department on Wednesday (https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2017-08-02/pdf/2017-16287.pdf).
State Department officials say American citizens currently in North Korea who hold a U.S. passport are being directed to leave before the restrictions take place next month and that the restrictions will remain in effect for a period of one year unless the order is extended or revoked by Secretary of State Rex Tillerson.
“The Secretary has authorized the restriction due to the serious and mounting risk of arrest and long-term detention of U.S. citizens under North Korea’s system of law enforcement,” the statement read.
The State Department order was issued after University of Virginia student Otto Warmbier died after being released to the U.S. on humanitarian grounds because he was in a coma. Warmbier had been sentenced to 15 years of hard labor in North Korea for allegedly stealing a propaganda poster in March 2016. The 22-year-old died on June 19, days after he returned to the U.S. as a result of what doctors treating in Ohio determined were “severe injuries to all areas” of his brain.